Home values in Chico are up! As much as 25% year over year, according to the Chief
Economist for the California Association of Realtors.
Find out the
current value of your home, for FREE! Just call or email me with your property address and name, and I will get back to you! You don't even have to be buying or selling, just curious is OK too.
Offer is limited to homes in the Chico, CA area.
Why work with just any Realtor, when you can have the knowledge of the Brodie's to help you with your real estate sale or purchase?
Debbie Brodie is a Realtor and Broker at Century 21 Jeffries Lydon in Chico
- Over 33 years of real estate experience in California, the last 15 years in Chico
- Broker and owner of her own office for ten years, former Realty World franchise owner
- Proficient in short sales and foreclosures
- Has closed over 300 residential, residential income, 1031 exchange and commercial sales in the Chico area
- Has worked as a mortgage broker for Mission Hills Mortgage
- Owns and manages her own income property and vacation property, and has purchased her own short sales, foreclosed properties, and estate sales. Has "flipped" properties for profit, and has rehabbed numerous homes.
- Co-owner of Choice Property Services
Her husband and partner, Mike Brodie co-owns Choice Property Services
General Contractor (CLB #814380)
California Department of Public Health Lead Inspector/Assessor
City of Chico Energy Retrofit Inspector
HUD 203K Consultant
Holds a California real estate license
Worked as a manager and engineer for AT&T
- Has built homes, developed land rehabbed and flipped properties
REALTOR leadership experience for Debbie Brodie
Together, we guide our clients through the maze of information needed to purchase property. Debbie is an expert on all things Realtor, and MIke, on all things structural.
- 2012 State Director for the California Regional Multiple Listing Service (CRMLS)
- 2010 Region 2 Chair for the California Association of Realtors (7 counties)
- 2007 to 2011 State Director for the California Association of Realtors
- 2008 President of the Chico Association of Realtors
- 2007 Chair, Chico Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service
- 2004 to 2011 Director for the Chico Association of Realtors
- 1998 to 2011 Various committees within the Chico Association of Realtors
|We Specialize in houses built prior to 1978 with a free
Lead- Based Paint Inspection
If you buy or list a home built prior to 1978 with Debbie Brodie, she will provide a lead-based paint inspection and certification at no charge. This is a value of up to $500. (Some restrictions apply.)*
With all of the recent laws that are affecting older homes in Chico, California, especially pre-1978 homes, Debbie Brodie wants her buyers and sellers to be fully informed, and "know their paint."
Buying a pre-78 home without knowing
your paint can be very costly. All paint in homes built prior to 1978 in California is considered to be lead-based,
unless certified by a state certified inspector/assessor to be free of
All untested paint must be handled as lead-based, and comply with the Renovation, Repair, and Painting rules recently enforced by the EPA. Any contractors disturbing paint must be RRP certified to be lead-safe. More detailed information can be found here.
*Buyers: The home must be under contract and an escrow opened, with Debbie Brodie as the buyer's broker.
*Sellers: The home must be listed with Debbie Brodie at Century 21 Jeffries Lydon for a minimum of three months, at a price within the range of the market analysis provided by Debbie Brodie.
Our clients have Mike Brodie, General Contractor and Electrician, to help you with your purchase decision, and to review your Whole House Inspection with you.
If you are listing your home, we can help you understand the problems you may face with the property before a buyer is involved, so you can solve the issues ahead of time, on your terms.
Mike Brodie will do your Energy Retrofit Inspection for the City of Chico, if needed, at no charge to you.
If you are interested in an FHA 203K Rehab loan, Mike Brodie can guide you in the beginning phases, and become your consultant if needed.
Formerly Choice Properties and Realty World Choice Properties